Like previous years, traffic disturbance can be expected during the race.
The race starts at Engjavegur road and ends in Laugardalur valley by the ice rink. Here you can see race maps. The first start is at 21:00 and all runners are expected to be at the finish line by midnight. Traffic will be disturbed during the race so runners, drivers and other pedestrians should take caution.
- These roads will be closed during the race on June 20th 2019:
- The middle of Engjavegur by Laugardalshöll sports hall from 17:00 – 22:00.
- Engjavegur is closed from 20:45 – 21:30.
- Álfheimar between Gnoðavogur and Suðurlandsbraut 20:50 – 23:50
- Ljósheimar between Álfheimar and Gnoðavogur 20:50 – 21:30
- Gnoðavogur by Engjavegur 20:50 – 21:30
- Skeiðarvogur between Sólheimar and Sogavegur 20:50 – 21:50
- Skeiðarvogur between Sólheimar and Suðurlandsbraut 20:50 – 23:50
- Borgargerði by Sogavegur 20:50 – 21:50
- Bústaðarvegur between Reykjanesbraut and Stjörnugróf 20:50 – 21:50
- Sogavegur from Skeiðarvogur to Bústaðarvegur 20:50 – 21:50
- Reykjavegur from 21:10 – 21:45
- Suðurlandsbraut by Langholtsvegur 21:00 – 23:55
Where you can expect traffic disturbance:
- Skeiðarvogur and Álfheimar by Suðurlandsbraut from 21:20 – 23:00
- Tunguvegur by Sogavegur 20:50 – 21:50
- Byggðarendi by Sogavegur 20:50 – 21:50
- Austurgerði by Sogavegur 20:50 – 21:50
We recommend for participants and spectators to park in these areas:
- Behind the Laugardalshöll sports hall until 20:45 (will be closed to incoming and outgoing traffic for a few hours after that).
- On Suðurlandsbraut - the parking area there is usually quite empty after 18:00.
- By the KFUM and KFUMK building on Holtavegur and by Langholtsskóli school in the same area.