Here below you can see the schedule for the Suzuki Midnight Sun Run 2019 that takes place on the evening of the 20th of June, 2019
The following timetable is subject to change.
- 16:00 - Race number pick up, new registrations and event merchandise for sale in Laugardalsholl sports hall.
- 19:00 - Bag storage opens at the ice rink
- 20:15 - Registration closes for the 21 k and 10 k races
- 20:35 - Registration closes for the 5 k race
- 21:00 - 21 k and 10 k race start on Engjavegur outside the Laugardalsholl Sports Hall
- 21:20 - 5 k race starts on Engjavegur outside the Laugardalsholl Sports Hall
- 21:30 - First runners in the 10 k race expected to cross the finish line
- 21:35 - First runners in the 5 k race expected to cross the finish line
- 21:40 - Participants get one free access to the Laugardalslaug Geothermal Pool after the race
- 22:00 - First runners in the half marathon race expected to cross the finish line
- 22:30 - Age group prize medal can be picked up from the Information desk at the ice rink
- 00:00 - End of race timing
- 00:20 - Information desk and bag storage close at the ice rink
- 00:30 - Last chance to enter Laugardalslaug Geothermal Pool
- 01:00 - Laugardalslaug Geothermal Pool closes
All participants are invited free of charge to Laugardalslaug Geothermal Pool after the race. Click here for further information.
There is a three-hour time limit in the half marathon race and all participants must have finished the race before midnight.
There will be a price ceremony in the finishing area after the race for the first three places in total results for each distance as soon as confirmed results are in. Those who won a prize medal in their age category can pick it up from the information desk at the ice rink after the race and until 00:20. It will also be possible to pick up prize medals on Friday and Monday after the race between 9:00 and 16:00 at the Reykjavik Sports Union office, Engjavegur 6, 104 Reykjavik.
How to get there?
The Laugardalur valley where the race starts and ends is not very far from the city centre and there are several options to get there.
If you arrive by car we recommend parking by Laugardalshöll sports hall when you pick up your race number and by street Suðurlandsbraut just before the race.
Many public buses stop nearby. Visit straeto.is to find the best option for you.
The following busses stop at Suðurlandsbraut, the street behind Laugardalshöll Sports Hall (number pickup and start area):
- Number 2 – Hlemmur – Hamraborg- Salahverfi
- Number 5- Nauthólsvík-Hlemmur-Ártún-Mosfellsbær
- Number 15- Vesturbær – Hlemmur-Ártún- Mosfellsbær
- Number 17-Seltjarnarnes-Vesturbær-Hlemmur-Bústaðahverfi-Mjódd
Bus number 14 stops by Laugardalslaug Swimming pool
Bus number 12 stops at Laugarnesvegur
More information and the bus app
The busses stop driving just before midnight. After that, you can use a taxi.
- Hreyfill Bæjarleiðir taxi
Tel: +354 588 5522
- BSR taxi
Tel: +354 561 0000